BEALE AIR FORCE BASE, California --
To suppress the spread of COVID-19, effective immediately and until further notice, Beale AFB will:
· Assume minimum-manning posture (contact your respective command teams for specific reporting instructions) to include NO U-2/T-38/RQ-4 flying operations from Monday, 16 Mar 20 until Sunday, 22 Mar 20. 9 OG members check in with your Command team: flying is cancelled, but short windows of airfield operations and some FTU syllabus academics will be conducted.
• Implement maximum use of telework for telework-ready personnel. Implement leave flexibility now for all non-critical personnel IAW Memorandum from Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness), “Civilian Personnel Guidance for DOD Components in Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019”, 8 Mar 2020.
• Reduce all in-person meetings to 6 personnel or less and maintain 2 meters (6 feet) distance between all personnel. Mitigate larger meetings by utilizing video teleconference (VTC) or dial in.
• Cancel visits to facilities by outside personnel, and conduct meetings with visitors by utilizing VTC or dial in.
• Maximize the use of alternate locations and vacant space in order to increase personal separation.
• Cancel all temporary duty travel and attendance at conferences and social gatherings. Exceptions to policy will be approved by Wing Commanders or delegated representative.
• This includes all Active Duty (AD), Reserve Component (RC), Department of the Air Force (DAF) Civilians and Contractors.
• AD and RC will contact their respective command teams to ascertain mission-critical or non-mission-critical status.
• DAF Civilians will telework to the max extent possible, regardless of position description details. Complete relevant training soonest. The Civilian Personnel Office (530-634-2255) can assist with telework documentation. U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) rules authorize supervisors to apply “Admin Leave” for those whose work cannot performed via telework. DAF Civilians will contact their appropriate Commander for authorization and logging of such leave.
• Contract personnel will be contacted by 9th Contracting Squadron or by respective command teams to specify mission-critical and non-mission-critical status. Contract personnel will contact respective command teams or 9th CONS (530-634-4522 or 530-844-1535 /530-301-3678).
ANDY CLARK, Colonel, USAF
Commander, 9th Reconnaissance Wing