HPCON C Declaration
By Senior Airman Colville McFee, 9th Reconnaissance Wing
/ Published March 25, 2020
Beale Air Force Base, Calif. --
9 RW Commander Declaration of HPCON C
The 9 RW Commander has directed Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Charlie in response to COVID-19. In addition to all HPCON Bravo+ actions, HPCON Charlie includes the following actions:
- Social Distancing (Limit meetings, socials and mass gatherings)
- Reduction of in-person meetings to 6 personnel or less, or VTC or dial in
- Cancellation of visits by outside personnel
- Cancellation of non-mission critical TDYs
- Donning PPE, if applicable
- Implementation of telework for telework-ready personnel IAW Office of the Under Secretary of Defense’s civilian personnel guidance
- If exposed, communicate symptoms or questions to 9 OMRS/Public Health Flight at 530-634-4945 (DSN: 368)
9 RW implementation of DoD Stop-Movement Guidance for Domestic PCS, TDY, and Leave, which is effective 16 March through 11 May 2020 and applies to DoD military and civilian personnel and their families on Beale AFB.
- PCS movement is halted.
- No new domestic TDY. Members on TDY orders are cleared to return back to Beale AFB
- No non-local leave.
- Local leave is in accordance w/ AFI and 9 RW, i.e. no mileage restrictions, but member should be within 8 hours drive. Commander’s discretion applies.
- Members on non-local leave are directed to return back to base. Members should work with supervision to ensure a safe return
HPCON C measures are mandatory for Beale AFB service members and are highly encouraged for DoD civilian and contractor employees, and family members. These measures are required to ensure the health and safety for Recce Town service members, civilians and families.
Remain informed of COVID-19 symptoms and immediately contact the Public Health Flight at (530) 634-4945 [DSN 368] if you develop those symptoms, have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or have recently traveled from a CDC Travel Health Notice Level 2 or 3 country.
Expect updates to HPCON and additional guidance via Public Affairs & Beale Command Post (BCP).